Pages

.

MIRACLE STORIES - God Allowed Me To Live Three Times






by miracles on Sep.19, 2007, under Angel Miracle Stories, Healing Miracles Stories, Near Death Miracle Stories, Power of Prayer Miracle Stories

God allowed me to live three times.

The second time was in July, 2000.  I’d been really sick for months and months and all I could eat was yogurt and fruit cocktail and green beans.  I was in the hospital  in June 2000 for 10 plus days.  I passed bile from both ends for most of those days.

The Chief of the hospital told my husband and me that it was my gall bladder, but they couldn’t operate because my gall bladder wasn’t showing up as bad.  I signed myself out because I decided I could go home and die.  They weren’t doing anything for me there.

By the end of the next month, July, 2000, I went to a doctor’s appointment and my white blood count went to 20,000.  The first time I’d been hospitalized in June, it was 15,000.  I’d also like to say, the first time I went into the hospital, I’d driven myself there and had my father-in-law with me because it was his appointment day, not mine.

My doctor saw me in the waiting room and asked me what I was doing there and I told him I brought my father-in-law for his appointment.  He said while you are here, let me check your white blood count, and that’s when it was 15,000.

My father-in-law was stranded.  It was about an hour and a half drive from home so my husband had to come get my father-in-law.  Then, on the July visit, I’d had an appointment with the eye doctor.  I was out of my acid reflux medicine and went to my clinic to have it refilled.

My doc came out and said while you are here, let me check your white blood count.  It was 20,000 and again, I drove myself to the hospital.  My doctor informed me that there were no surgeons on duty at the VA hospital and he transported me to a civilian hospital (Rowan) there in Salisbury.

The doctor was waiting for me in the ER.  He immediately sent me for an ultra sound and gave me a Demerol shot because by the time they finished the ultra sound which is not painful at all, it did leave me in pain because of the pushing of the instrument on my stomach around the gallbladder.

When the Dr. came in, he asked me if I had any family with me and I said no, but my husband was on his way because my VA doctor called him.  The Dr. said it was my gall bladder and he said he was going to try to do my surgery the next day in the morning, but if he could get the crew together he wanted he’d do it at midnight.  At the time he told me this, it was approx. 4:30 pm.

He kept coming in and asking me if my husband had gotten there yet.  I said no.  Finally at 5:45 pm, my husband arrived and my Dr. came in and asked if it was my husband.  I introduced the Dr. to my husband, they shook hands and the Dr. said kiss her good-bye we are going in now to take her gall bladder out.

That was a far cry from midnight or early in the morning.  He explained to my husband that it was a 45 min. surgery and I’d be in recovery about that long and if I did well, I could go home the next morning and he said if my gall bladder wasn’t inflamed he was going to use laser.

While on the operating table, both my lungs collapsed, my gall bladder was gangrene, and ruptured and dead.  I also got pleurisy and pneumonia in both lungs.  When the surgery was over, the Doctor told my husband I was not going to make it. I had to go on life support for a few days, then when I wasn’t doing much better, they went ahead and took me off. They never even bothered to put me in ICU.

By the grace of God, I lived and I got out of the hospital 8 days later.  The Lord has been good to me.  That was not my first miracle for myself.  My first miracle happened years before, in 1976 I had a head-on collision going 60 mph.
I lived and had a broken neck, but didn’t know my neck had been broken until over 20 plus years later.  I knew I was hurt at the time, but there was no technology to see a hairline fracture in 1976, like there is today.  My head bobbed like the little dogs that people have in their cars.

I praise God for both those miracles and for the one I just got.  And the most recent miracle came just a month ago.  There were 2 nodules found on my left lung that the doctor thought was suspicious.  The “C” word was never used.  I went into the hospital on Aug 16, and had the surgery to remove those nodules that day.  I had to go on life support because it was my lungs they were operating on and the ventilator helped me breathe until I could do it on my own.

I got through the surgery just fine and the nodules were benign, praise the Lord!!!  I did alright for a couple of days off the life support.  But, after that, I couldn’t breathe right and I had a fever of 104, they packed me in ice and I caught sepsis and also pneumonia and was put on life support again.

I saw angels in my room, 3 on the right side and 1 on the left side of my room, and I saw white angels guarding the gates of Heaven and I saw the most beautiful white light coming out of the top of the gates that these huge angels were guarding.
It was a gut wrenching experience because God allowed me to live and He also allowed me a glimpse of glory. It was so amazing that the first week I tried to talk about it, I couldn’t do it without crying and sobbing my heart out.

The doctors gave me a 50-50 chance. Because of the Lord and His love for me, His child, I lived. I love the Lord with all my heart and soul.  I was in the hospital for about 16 days with 14 of them in ICU.  I give all the glory to the Lord for loving me enough to let me live through all these things.

I also praise Him for allowing me to have angels to watch over me and protect me and I am so blessed to be able to see a glimpse of Heaven.  God is truly wonderful and loving and kind.  Most of all, He is real, very real and I was on lots of prayer lists and I feel like every prayer that went up for me is why I am here today recuperating.

These three miracle stories were submitted by “L.C.” in MS


No comments:

Post a Comment